Sunday, December 26, 2010

White Christmas Wish

Growing up in Florida I dreamed of a white Christmas.  I always felt a little cheated of the full holiday experience without snow.  Holiday movies show people ice skating on a frozen pond,  sledding down a snowy hill or children building snowmen and having snowball fights.  I always wondered what it would be like to ride a horse drawn sleigh, go snowshoeing in the woods or just catch snowflakes on my tongue.

This year in Virginia we had a white Christmas...my very first!  The snow was beautiful and the scenery looked just like everything I had always imagined for Christmas. 





Even though I loved the snow, there are still things I miss about Florida this time of year. Christmas as a Floridian does have it's benefits...eighty degrees, dining alfresco, palm trees glowing with lights, walks on the beach at sunset and ice cream on the front porch.  As a child we would play outside until dark, catch lightening bugs and even on occasion go swimming Christmas day.

 This year I have realized more than ever it doesn't matter if you are wearing snow pants or shorts, Christmas is the same everywhere. The spirit of Christmas is in your heart and it is about sharing our lives with those we love.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas

I'll be joining the party at  Faded Charm White Wednesday.

xo,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post