Saturday, December 4, 2010

I’m Late For the Party, But I’m Going Anyway

My goodness, there are some gorgeous mantels over at The Lettered Cottage.  Have you gone over to look at Kevin and Layla’s and all of the rest of the talented people out there?

My mantel is  not a huge score, but it sure does glitter and sparkle and that’s what I wanted.

mantel 1

This year I wanted white, silver, and bluish green to be the main colors I used to decorate with.  Let me tell you that I have ALWAYS decorated with red, green and gold.  This was a stretch to not have to spend a lot of money and just see if I could do something I hadn’t done before.

mantel 2

I only bought a few new things, and the nativity piece was one of them.  I have to have something like this as a focal point and I loved this one.

mantel 3

I bought this cool old sheet music at a flea market this summer because I loved the color.  The glass came from Goodwill and added just a little more pop of the bluish green.  Rock  salt made for good snow.

mantel 4

These little trees came from Target’s dollar spot and only cost me $2.50 each.  They were in unattractive plastic white pots, so out came the wonderful burlap to pretty them up.

Another goblet from a flea market holds shiny silver candy canes and the little white basket holds some pretty ornaments with white pinecones all from Hobby Lobby. (1/2 off)

mantel 5

I also found some great burlap garland at Michael’s several months ago and loved using it several places throughout my house.

mantel 6

The Christmas banner came from Hobby Lobby and was just plain cardboard.  I painted it white and glittered it up.  Love the way it turned out. 

I would love to have an old white fireplace with real logs burning in it, but I don’t and that’s okay.  My dated oak fireplace with gas logs works just perfect for me and I am so thankful to have it on these cold winter nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post