Sunday, December 19, 2010

It’s the Little Things

To me, often times, it’s the little things that make so much difference in making something look better.

You know how you can add that right piece of jewelry or accessory to your outfit and it just gives it that WOW factor!

Well, that’s what I like to do when decorating our home.  I like to add those little things that just make it pop or make it more personal. 

I love the extra touches.

Most of these things I have out all year long, but a few I will show you are for Christmas.

candles with words

I love adding words to things.  I tied my tea stained words around these candles with  jute.

crown

Simple paper craft but worthy word for my King!

candles

I added these little snowflake stickers to my candles just for Christmas. 

deer

I stamped the word Rejoice onto a piece of burlap  and hung it around my reindeer’s neck.

lantern

Just a little greenery tied to the lantern spruces it up for the holidays.

watch

I added this pocket watch ornament and burlap garland to this tray for a little extra umph.

matches

Isn’t this the cutest?  Love the matches tied up with the candle.

pray

I love that this little angel is bowing down before the “Gift”.  I actually didn’t plan it this way, but think it looks really cool.

star ornament

I had to show you this star ornament because a sweet homeschool friend of mine made it for me.  It sits in a little cup that my husband made when he was a young boy.

twine candle

A simple wrap of jute along with a shiny crystal dress these candle holders up nicely.

 trophy

Oh, how I love this basket filled with books.  The little tiara just tops it all off nicely, along with the K ornament.

banister

I added this collection of old family photos to my banister along with my burlap stockings.

banister 2

Notice the word heritage.  Several of these family members have passed away, so this is a nice tribute to them this Christmas season.

See what I mean about the little things making a big difference sometimes.

Do you agree that  little additions can bring lots of interest and beauty?

Hooking up over with Cindy at Make It 4 Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post