Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mantel Disaster Rectified

Hello everyone.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Yesterday was Hubby's birthday and I talked him into playing hooky. We went to the movies, dinner and then home for cake and presents.  If you see the movie Tourist  notice the hotel they stay at in Venice. This is the hotel we were married in and I have several pictures of us on the spectacular staircase that is in the movie. It was a treat for us to see the interior shots of the hotel.  You can see pictures of our wedding in Venice here

 Hubby and I went to Richmond Christmas Tour Of Homes today and boy was it cold!  I was hoping to get some pictures to show you but there were so many people it was impossible.  I can show you what I have been working on though.

After my Mantel Disaster was cleaned up I took a deep breath and started over on the mantel.  Since all but two pieces of my mercury glass was shattered I had to come up with an alternative.  I added a couple of Old Britain Castle plates to the mantel along with the two surviving pieces of mercury glass and a newly purchased tree for the center. 




Our tree is a mishmash of hundreds of ornaments! I have a collection of Radko ornaments hanging beside Dollar Tree ones. There are ornaments my grandchildren made and some I have collected over many years.


My sweet friend Lynn at  A Vintage Nest  recently gave me a pair of antlers to add to my collection.  I put the antlers with some fresh greenery in a mercury glass bowl.  Luckily the bowl and candle holder behind it were not on the mantle when everything crashed to the ground.

I'll be posting more decorations at my Share The Decor  party. I look forward to seeing you there.


Please stop by and visit the following parties for lots of inspiration:


Happy Holidays,
Sherry
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post