Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sweet Hubby's Gift + More

Hello friends.  If you are a regular reader of my blog you know I have a love for sterling, especially Victorian vanity pieces.  For Christmas my sweetie bought me the perfect little addition to my collection.  Take a look and see if you can spot it.

Look a little closer

I am in love with my new sterling Victorian clothes brush. It has a beautiful repousse handle and horse hair bristles. I think these pieces appeal so much to me because I like to imagine where they came from, were they a gift from her sweetie, and what was the lady like that owned them.


These are also new additions to my collection of serving pieces.  I recently purchased these three pieces at a thrift store for fifty cents each!  They were so badly tarnished I could not read the markings but I assumed they were silver plate.  Imagine my surprise when I cleaned them and found monograms on two of the pieces and that all three were marked Sterling!!

Here is a close-up of the handles.  See the beautiful transferware plate they are on....

My sweet friend Lynn at The Vintage Nest  knows I love transferware and she gave me this plate filled with goodies she had made. The sweets were delicious and they didn't last long around here. Yum!

My newest blogging friend is Betsy from  A Perfect Setting  and we met for the first time a few weeks ago at the lunch I held for several local bloggers. Betsy brought me this gorgeous napkin holder. She knew I was a recent transplant to Virginia and she included these wonderful napkins.  

Thank you ladies for these wonderful gifts!  It is so true that bloggers have the biggest hearts.

I wish each one of you a Happy and Healthy 2011
xo,
Sherry

I'll be joining the parties at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post