Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mantel Disaster!

Today I planned on showing you my beautiful mantel.

The mantel I worked on for three hours yesterday.

Arranging and re-arranging until it was perfect.

I added my collection of mercury glass,
including two new pieces.

The candles were placed in the candle holders.

Ribbon and faux snow were added.

The lights were plugged in.

I stepped back to admire my creation....

(Tree 2010)


It was like everything was in slow motion.

The garland began to slide.

The mercury glass fell from the mantle.

Faux snow drifted all over the floor

Ribbon was tangled and scattered.

%@!&#!$
I had already starting sweeping up the glass by the time the picture was taken


These two pieces were the only thing I could save.

Back to square one.

A new Christmas mantle coming soon.
minus the mercury glass!

A lesson learned... Never, Ever Trust Command Hooks!!

I'll be posting my mantel disaster at the following parties:

Happy Holidays!
Sherry



No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post