Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Under the Tuscan Sun... the dream lives on!

First I just want to say I was so profoundly touched by all of the many messages that I received yesterday about Teddy. Thank you so very much for your concern and kind words, you have no idea how comforting they were and how much they meant to me. Blogland is indeed a special place filled with many kindred souls. Teddy, who is on restriction thanks you as well!

Who didn't fantasize just a little after seeing the movie, " Under the Tuscan sun" about escaping to the hills of Tuscany, scouring the land for an abandoned ramshackle old villa just waiting to be resuscitated and taking it on as a summer long project? I know I did and in fact still do!  If I were to take on such an ambitious project, I know just how I would want the interiors to look, not too contrived, casual but elegant, using a lot of natural materials readily available from the land and neighboring community, stone, rich old and antiqued woods, old stone floors for flooring, simple materials but built to last for generations to come. Rich and vibrant colors........ I would want lots of warm colors, yellows, golds, apricots, oranges, do you see it? Of course the outdoor spaces would be equally important, with the views and vistas that the hills of Tuscany affords, you must take advantage of the opportunity to wine and dine outside as often as possible. I get excited just thinking about the possibilities!! So for all my fellow dreamers out there, this is for you! What would you do with your Under the Tuscan sun dream? Besides grow your own little garden and vineyard and happily feast on the very fruits of your labors........what a dream it would be! So, here is a glimpse into how my life might play out over in the hills in Tuscany. Welcome to my little enchanted villa.........welcome to "Villa La Tina".


With a setting like this, I will have all my meals right here, thank you very much! Arch Digest
Love the stone against all the greenery.....picture perfect!
This epitomizes the Tuscan kitchen to me, everything at the ready for plenty of cooking!
Mark Long Fletcher used lots of rich colors and gold walls to create the warm Tuscan feel
Mark Long Fletcher kept the stone walls to keep the authenticity of the Italian villa
A big beautiful open room such as this one with muted colors and soft wheat colored plaster walls make this a room to live in and enjoy, Joe Nye
This wonderful old monastery table might be what you would find in my kitchen just waiting for a wonderfully prepared meal to be served!
The warm colors of this pretty Tuscan kitchen is what I envision for my kitchen, Art-decoration
You might find large open stone hallways like this one, House Beautiful
This is THE perfect setting to entertain my guests and visiting neighbors for those perfect al fresco evenings, and of course you have to have the roaming neighborhood dogs! (Teddy's new buds)
You might find an old somewhat worn looking bath like this one, but there is something charming about it.....(as long as I have my trusty bottle of Lysol with me)
Jacques Saint Dizier created this large, warm cozy seating area in the colors of the Tuscan sunset
This bathroom with its drapers table converted to a sink base provides lots of storage
And since I am dreaming..lets go all the way! How about this peaked stone wall for a bedroom!
Wouldn't it be neat for your large Tuscan kitchen to look like this one! Wow what an entertainers dream! I can see the food and wine flowing now, hands flailing into all hours of the night!
Gorgeous antique piece in the kitchen, awaits your daily picks from the garden! Michel Arnaud
There would be plenty of open spaces such as shown here for easy access....Art-decoration
Of course I must have a pool when in Tuscany right? And this will do just fine! Elle Decor
The must have apricot drapes to allow in that unmistakable Tuscan sun come sunset are a must have!
The Tuscan looking bath would feature lots of rich warm woods, Country Living
A table for two..what a view! I would have my morning coffee in this spot........
This is the most updated your Tuscan home might look, they kept however the wide planked floors and the raw beams and doors, Montaluce Estate
The kitchens in Tuscany are not necessarily big and fancy but can be small and very charming, Art-Decoration
My humble little backyard with a view worthy of a postcard, Teddy would love running around here.......
A typical Tuscan kitchen awaits a big bowl of freshly made pasta and lively conversation!
A dressed up Tuscan bedroom, love the painting, the fabulous chair....I will take it! Boutique-Italy
Could also see a bedroom like this with the over sized stone mantle for those cool evenings and the tall ceilings and aged timbers being part of my Tuscan vision, Country Living
I promise the first night you come, I will set up outside just like this (wine included)
A Tuscan kitchen suitable for any cook....ready for your guests! Montaluce Estate
This will be me after a tough day of gardening and minding the grapes! (If only my Tuscan bathroom would look like that) 
Pure perfection without touching a thing....
The copper pots will see plenty of use, and check out that view, could result in a few burned dishes...wil have to be very careful!
Jacques Saint Dizier added patio furniture to take full advantage of this incredible setting.......
An old fashioned bathroom like this one brightened up with lots of white would be a great way to add some light to a Tuscan bathroom, Country Living
Jacques Saint Dizier used warm earth tones for this bedroom to take maximum advantage of the magnificent vistas.....
This table is meant for long meals and lively conversation!
This wonderful little spot is a great corner to grab a book and read, love the rich colors! Arch Digest
This bedroom with its apricot walls and worn Persian rug exudes a Tuscan vibe,Kari McIntosh
Paolo Mariotti designed this fabulous Italian villa in the hills of Tuscany
This rustic Tuscan feeling bathroom has a charm that is low key but practical, Decorpad
Mark Long Fletcher kept this new home looking old and authentic
This adorable little setting is perfect for our lunches of fresh pasta and basil from the garden!
This stone villa is what I might imagine my little Tuscan villa to look like.....call me a dreamer
Kurt Woerner designed this simple pared down living room....love that fireplace!
Ilaria Ferragamo designed this elegant foyer
Ilaria Ferragamo brought the outdoors in with these large open doors
Kurt Woerner kept the villa in its original state and added new furnishings meant to look old
I would leave this as is....picture perfect!
With a view this good...I might never leave
This my friends, really IS as good as it gets!
Goodbye from under the Tuscan sun

I owe you a sincere apology, I know this was a cruel post. Those last three pictures were particularly harsh. I know they probably evoked strong pangs of wanting to book the next flight to Italy. Hey, at least I spared you pictures of the food from Italy. Now that would have been truly barbaric. Believe me putting this post together made me feel that way the entire time! Isn't it just magically delicious? What a dream to go and spend a summer there! OK, I will take a month. How much fun would it be to go and really immerse yourself into the culture by moving to a small village and living in a home in the hills of Tuscany and growing your own little garden and surviving off the fruits of your labor? Invite your new neighbors over to taste your newly sprouting basil and they invite you, to taste their newest wine. Your biggest worry is what time to call it a day after gardening, reading, your afternoon nap, cooking, washing the days picks from the garden, maybe a trip to town every few days, receiving guests every now and then. That's about it. Ugh........I did say dream, didn't I ? Hope you enjoyed this post......what do you think? Does spending some time in Tuscany sound good to you? Hope you have a wonderful day!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post