Sunday, May 8, 2011

New Sign For The Guest Room

Thank you so much for all your kind words about me being unable to get back to everyone that participated in my Open House party.  Right now we have so much going on that I am afraid the commenting has taken a back burner to life.  We are trying to sell two homes, closing my antique booth,  opening a new Etsy shop, helping our son with his move, dealing with major repairs and contractors at the beach house and flying to Orlando regularly to visit my dad.

I have received emails from some of you asking is everything okay and why are we moving to Florida so soon after our move to Virginia.  I even had someone ask if we were having financial problems! 

 Our move here was always meant to be a temporary one. We knew eventually we would retire somewhere in Florida.  I must admit I thought we would be here longer than two and a half years though.  My husband retired a few years ago and became bored very quickly. Our oldest son owns a company where he buys and renovates apartment complexes and Steve went to work with him here in Richmond.  Thus the move from Florida.

Circumstances change!  Our son has moved his family to Orlando to be closer to his grandfather and so our granddaughter will have a better education.  Both grandchildren were in a private school here and our granddaughter was in advanced classes.  She has been tested numerous times and always test just below genius.  Sadie is in second grade but is doing sixth grade work and at her school she was bored and not being challenged.   It was decided to make the move to Orlando and to enroll Sadie in a school that has a wonderful gifted program.

In addition,  my dad is 85 years old and lives by himself.  He has always been healthy as a horse but now his health is deteriorating and I would love to be close to him.

When you first started reading this  I bet you didn't think you would get my life story!  Sorry about this lengthy post.

In all this chaos I did manage to finish a small project.  I saw this sign in a shop and thought it was cute but the $78.00 price tag was not so cute.  I found the wood plaque at a garage sale for fifty cents and sanded off the "welcome friends"  that someone had painted.  Using the same technique as the Antiquities sign I made my own version.  The sign now hangs in our guestroom.




I added the applique on the bottom, painted and distressed the board.  The "t" is a little wonky but I won't be re-doing it anytime soon.

Don't forget to enter to win a a beautiful vintage style table runner HERE.  

Thanks for visiting and for all your support.  It really means the world to me.

xo,
Sherry

I am partying at:

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post