Tuesday, May 17, 2011

In Love With An Italian


No,  I haven't left my wonderful hubby for a Italian man.  Though,  if I could live anywhere in the world it would  be Venice.   Of course Steve would be be going with me and I bet I wouldn't have to twist his arm.

My new Italian love is this fabulous wall plaque that Gina of  Gina Ceramics  sent me.  She hand paints the most gorgeous Italian ceramics in the Renaissance style.  Gina was trained in Italy, Holland, Belgium and Germany and now lives and works in a small artist community in Utah.  She also teaches and is offering a workshop  this year on July 15-16 where you can learn to paint ceramics in the 500 year old Renaissance style. This workshop would be a dream come true for me and I would jump at the chance if the dates didn't conflict with our already planned vacation.  I hope to attend one of the workshops at a later date.


This is the plaque Gina hand painted.  Now you see why I am in love!

Below are just a few examples of Gina's ceramics.  To see more please visit her Blog or Etsy shop.
Thank you Gina for this wonderful gift!




Now that we have established my love for anything Italian I want to show you some of my collection.  Some of the pieces are already packed up so I'll show you those at another time.









There is a reason I chose an Italian themed post today.



We are going to Italy for our 2ND honeymoon!!

Reservations are made and now we just have to be patient until August.

I'll be back later with details.

Partying this week with:

Hugs,
Sherry




No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post