Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Decorating With Seashells


When Summer approaches I love to pull out my shell collection and start decorating.  I found this metal bucket at a garage sale for $1.00 and knew immediately what I would use it for.  The bucket had a
shiny white finish and a few scratches so I gave it a coat of leftover white paint. On Microsoft Word I found a font I liked and printed out the word Seashells and then copied it to the bucket using carbon paper. The shell stencil is one I have had for years.

Since I already had all the paint and supplies this quick and easy project cost me just $1.00!



The shell canvas was created for me by Easy Canvas Prints  from a free graphic
found at the Graphics Fairy.


Of course I had to add a couple more pictures of seashells and my vintage glass fishing floats.



Most of my shells have been bought at garage sales, junk shops or just picked up for free at the beach.  The shell above was my latest garage sale purchase at fifty cents and the glass floats were $1.00 each.

I hope to see you back here for the Summer Blog Party starting Wednesday evening.  I will be hosting Summer Entertaining so get those tablescapes, recipes and fun entertaining ideas ready to link up.

There will also be a giveaway for this fabulous French Script Pillow donated by Gathered Comforts.


Don't forget to join the other ladies this week for some great Summer ideas and giveaways and please stop by At The Picket Fence  and thank Vanessa and Heather for all their hard work puttng this party together. 


I'll be partying this week with all the ladies above.

xoxo,
Sherry



No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post