Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby blues in grown up spaces!

Happy Monday to you! Hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy Fathers day was spent with all the dads in your life.  I must confess....I am a blueaholic. (OK yes, I know that is not really a word but a word I coined for all those obsessed with blue like me) I so  love the color in everything from decor to clothing to my car color to just about anything for that matter. Blues rock! I love them from the palest shyest blues to the darkest boldest navy's. There are few blues that I don't embrace or see the beauty in. One palette that I have always loved and been drawn to is a soft baby blue, even with a hint of gray, its such a soothing, serene, calming and elegant color. 
I am planning on my master bedroom being done in creams and pale pale blues. I cannot wait to start pulling it together, right now I am working on the carpeting and will go from there. I am not rushing, as I want it to be right therefore I will do my darnest from making hasty decisions. So in my quest for a beautiful pale blue master bedroom I have naturally acquired quite a lovely little collection of pictures for inspiration as you might imagine! Thought I might share them with you for all you blue lovers out there and for those of you aren't maybe I will make a convert out of you yet!! Here we go....onto a dreamy pale blue cloud!

Love this fabulous soft setting, Phoebe Howard
What a soothing room! Wouldn't think I would want that much blue but it works, HB
Gorgeous shades of blues grace this elegant seating area, Ashley Whittaker
Gorgeous dining room of Shannon Bowers home is fabulous in all its pale blue glory!
This would be akin to sleeping on a cloud! House Beautiful
Baby blue is a gorgeous subtle accent color in this soft toned room, Lennox
The combination of white and pale blue is always such a soothing sight, House and Home
Love this fabulous coastal dining room done in pale blue photo by Simon Upton
How about this fabulous blue gray chinoiserie in a master bedroom...Nunnerly
Always loved this gorgeous blue and cream sitting area, Ashely Whittaker
Love this dreamy little setting using creams and baby blues,HB
Catherine Cleare used a combination of soft blues and bolder blues for this pretty room
Light blue painted cabinetry is always so fresh and pretty!
Jennifer Flanders chose the palest blue as a subtle accent color in this soothing bedroom
Beautiful blue sofas and chairs grace this elegant and neutral living room,Lynn Morgan
James Radin used a pale pattern on the bench and curtains, the effect is stunning!
Suzanne Kasler successfully brought in just a hint of pale blue for a perfect effect
A softly painted blue living room gets accented with a pretty printed pair of blue chairs, photo by Tria Giovan
Tara Seawright chose a pale blue/green as the accent in this pretty bedroom
The light tans work beautifully with pale blue, WF Vision
Another pale blue concoction by Phoebe Howard
Love this fabulous bright, cheery and very calming bedroom,House to Home
A drop of pale blue in an all white room has a magical effect, Carol Murphy
Always loved this dressing area, Kelley Interior Design
Phoebe Howard used the palest blues beautifully here
Sarah Richardson chose a pale blue as the accent color in this kitchen
Love this bedroom! Ashley Whittaker
Ashley Whittaker used a crisp pale blue for the outdoor cushions...love it!
Something about a very neutral room with just a hint of blue has an ethereal quality, Shannon Bowers
Jennifer Lopez's now infamous pale blue kitchen
Cocooned luxury in pale blue, HB
Soft blue walls and accents create a gorgeous room,Decorpad
Love this gorgeous French bedroom done in a soft blue check, Country French
The accent of a blue upholstered piece of furniture is both elegant and serene, Vernada
This feels like a soft billowy cloud, a gorgeous pale blue painted living room, BHG

So there you have it..pale blue overload! I love the color, it has such a soothing and ethereal quality to it, don't you think? Have you used this color or do you already have it in your home  now? What are your thoughts? Do tell! Wishing you a wonderful day.

And just a little recap for your viewing pleasure....




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post