Monday, June 6, 2011

Join me in the English countryside for the weekend!

Good morning! Hope everyone had a restful and enjoyable weekend!! I cannot believe I have 502 followers!! This is big news for me as I remember when I reached 75 and wanted to run through the tulips.....so this is really something. THANK YOU for following, for supporting me and for your always much appreciated comments and emails...keep 'em coming, I absolutely love them and they make my day~ 


I must admit I have a vision and a fantasy (call me a daydreamer, because that is what I am) about what it must be like to escape to the picturesque English countryside in all its proper gentility to the perfect and quintessential English country home. I think of idyllic thatched roofed country homes, grand tall imposing country homes, laden with ancient stone floors, beautiful furnishings that have been handed down from one generation to the next, walls lined with centuries old oils and antique Persians covering the grand sized rooms floors. Young ones taking off in the morning on their bicycles to fetch the daily baked breads from the neighboring bakeries. Gardens overflowing with the earths goodness, being tended to lovingly by the lady of the house, by choice of course. House guests coming from near and far on weekends while week days are spent anticipating their arrival and stay. There will be lots of boardgames, gardening, riding, and quality time spent together after all this is the country!  Yes, I realize this is probably not much more than a fantasy and if such a thing exists it probably does with only a handful of people (at least I want to believe that). But its fun to dream and as I always say,  dreams are what keep you doing, wanting, and wishing (at least for me) So today is a post all about "my interpretation" of life in the country, but not any country, the glorious and picturesque English country. So come on and please join me as my weekend house guest..and let me show you around!


Its just our little country "cottage"...
My living room though formal and quintessential English is still very inviting, Mario Buatta
This fabulous but incredibly cozy living room might fit in quite well into the English country house look, Suzanne Kasler
This dreamy bedroom would be a beautifully understated "country" bedroom, Suzanne Kasler
My charming breakfast room will have a long wall full of shelves to display my wonderful collection of transferware and will be painted the perfect shade of milky green
The main "stair hall" might resemble this pretty space, photo by John Martinelli
Yet another lovely bedroom awaiting my next guest, by Mario Buatta
The back entry might look something like this, muted colors, but highly refined Colefax and Fowler
And this lovely little spot is where you might catch me writing my thanks you and letters....
I will spend a lot of time tending to my manicured garden
This might be one of my beautifully appointed but old world feeling bathrooms
For lunch we might gather in this charming small courtyard to nibble on finger sandwiches
Driving up to my English "humble abode" might look something like this
If I am incredibly lucky, I may even have a basement wine cellar that is as sumptuous as this one!
Ooooh, I can't wait to show you my rose garden!
Love the warm glow of this library...where we will gather for a nightcap! Trails.com
One of my guest rooms may look like this, bathed in creamy splendor! John Fowler
I will spend time reading and putting on my riding boots in this lovely green room, Jill Morris
My English home might be covered head to toe in English ivy......
My kitchen and butlers pantry might look something like this
And when you need fresh linens, please visit the "linen room" photo by John Martinelli
A sitting room meant for idle chat and tea, Mario Buatta
One of the kids will get this wonderful little bedroom suite! Nicky Haslam
When I need some down time, I will escape to my little "home office" Mario Buatta
The back garden might resemble this beautiful scene, Arch Digest
Our early dinners will be had in this cozy paneled dining room, Heather G Wells
In the morning we can meet for crumpets and scones in this quaint little spot to discuss the days plan
The elegant front entry  is beautiful in a old, worn sort of way, the prequisite riding boots and various sized hard hats sprinkled about are a given! John Fowler
You will find me many afternoons in my cutting room trimming the newest pick from the garden, photo by John Martinelli
What a wonderful spot for our afternoon high tea, Heather G Wells
This might be one of my guest baths, old fashioned but elegant!
Of course there will be plenty of riding!
My stable of show "ponies" eagerly await your arrival!
The tack room is at the ready!
In honor of your visit, we have built this lovely pool pavilion! Photo by John 
Here is another guest room which might suit you.....Janie Petkus
For the cool summer evenings, we will all gather here to play board games and regale each other with our days adventures.....

So here is a recap of the weekend at my English country home (like you need any convincing to join me) using a very fun mosaic resource I learned about from the beautiful blog,
 The French Tangerine (definitely visit her blog, lots of eye candy) and might I say I had a lot of fun doing this, so here is a forewarning- until I get this out of my system you might start seeing a lot of these "recaps" :)
  (

So what do you say? Think you would enjoy being my house guest for a weekend? Would the accommodations be up to snuff? I sure hope so...looks mighty good to me! I must run along and carry on....do hope you enjoy a wonderful day. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post