Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Open House Party


Hi everyone and welcome to another Open House party!  You will find the link to join the party at the bottom of this post.

Today I have a special treat for you antique lovers and collectors.  Richard at My Old Historic House  has renovated the gorgeous 1845 historic Elgin/Cottrell home to it's original Victorian splendour.  When Richard purchased the home in 2006 it was not even livable but he transformed it into a beautiful home for himself and Ms. Sissy Dog.  Richard also opens the home for tours and rents it for special occasions.

Richard is an antique dealer and has some of the most amazing collections you will ever see and he is extremely knowledgeable about each and every piece.  His collection of Meissen, Dresden and Staffordshire make my heart beat faster.  His collection of Staffordshire dogs...oh my!

This historic home was featured in the July, 2011 issue of Victorian Homes magazine.  So if you want to see more of this stunning home you can visit  My Old Historic House or pickup a copy of the magazine.

Enjoy the Tour.


















Can't you see why Victorian Homes did a twelve page spread on this beautiful home?  Richard, thank you for allowing us into your wonderful home!  If you ever decide to sell the Staffordshire Dogs I get first dibs.
(I can see my husband sweating right now)

On to the party.





 
 
 
Thanks for joining the party!  Next weeks party will be replaced with .. 
 

I am hosting "Summer Entertaining" on 6/23/11 so get your tablescapes, recipes and any entertaining  ideas ready to link up.  You can get more info about the week long blog party at At The Picket Fence.  I will also be having a giveaway during the party for this wonderful French Script pillow graciously donated by 
 

Hope to see you there!
xo,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post