Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sweet Treats

Hey friends!

I am not trying to go on and on about our little party last weekend, but there were a couple of more things that I wanted to share with you.

I showed you the beverage bar in my last post  and now I want to show you the sweet treats we had.    (you know that’s your favorite part anyway, right)

Let me just preface this by saying that I do not mind cooking and baking, but if I have someone who wants to help me in the kitchen so that I can do other things that need to be done,  then that is just perfect with me.

For this party, my two sweet daughters wanted to do the baking. 

bakers
(I love photos of my children so I had to throw it in there)


Let me give you a closer look as to what they made.


cupcakes 1


These are S’Mores cupcakes and they are delicious!

I got the recipe from the beautiful blogger with the fabulous blog over at Three Pixie Lane.  I will share the recipe with you at the bottom of the post and then you can try them for yourself, deal.


dessert table


The oatmeal chocolate chip cookies were also a huge hit.  Can you really go wrong with any kind of oatmeal cookie?  I think not.   


I had  a friend who also brought a dessert, but I didn’t get a picture of it.  Can I say that it was delectable also?  It had ice cream sandwiches, cool whip, homemade hot fudge sauce….I will just stop there since I can’t show you a picture of it.    Oh my, it was to die for.


Okay, take a look one more time and then I will give you the cupcake recipe.


cupcakes 2


S’Mores Cupcakes

1 box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Fudge or Chocolate Cake Mix
1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
5 Tablespoons butter, melted
Semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
Hershey Bars

FROSTING

1 jar of marshmallow cream (7oz)
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 or 2 teaspoons milk

1.  Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.  In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter (you can add 1/4 cup sugar to this if you want the crust a bit sweeter).  Add approximately 1 tablespoon to the bottom of each muffin cup.  Use a small circular object to press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of each liner. (We used a small glass)  Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven.

2.  Add a few semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels on top of the crust in each cup. 

3.  Add the cake mixture evenly to the cups, filling each about 3/4 of the way full and bake according to package instructions until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then cool completely on a wire rack.

4.  Remove lid and foil from jar of marshmallow cream.    Soften marshmallow cream for easy removal from jar by placing in the microwave on high for 15-20 seconds.  In a large bowl, beat marshmallow cream, butter and powdered sugar on low speed until blended.  Beat in enough milk, 1/2 tsp at a time, to make desired consistency.  After cupcakes have cooled, pipe frosting on top.

5.  You can “toast” the marshmallow frosting with a kitchen torch or just top with a rectangle of Hershey’s chocolate.

YUMMY stuff, I promise!!

Let me know if you try them and tell me what you think.

By the way…my mama’s surgery was yesterday and it went great.  We will find out our next step next week.  Please keep praying with me.  Thank you so much and God bless.

Heading over to Faded Charm for the wonderful white Wednesday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post