Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Open House Party


Thank you so much for joining this weeks Open House party!  
The link to join in the party is at the bottom of the post.  Don't go there yet though...I have a fabulous home for you to tour today.

You may remember this post where I transformed a burlap covered demijohn and then the post where Miss Kopy Kat made her own burlap covered demijohn.  I was blown away by Gayle's creativity and I  become a big fan of  Miss Kopy Kat.  

My antique demijohn is on the left and Gayle's copy is on the right.  Pretty wonderful, huh?


Well,  Gayle keeps amazing me with her talent and creativity.  Her latest project is my favorite so far and I just had to share this with all of you.  Take a look at her wonderful "coral' collection.




Gayle created each of these amazing "coral " pieces from things she found at Michaels and the hardware store. You will have to check out her blog to see how she made these.

Gayle and her husband bought a twenty year old house six years ago and began the work to update it and make it their home.  The kitchen cabinets were painted, new appliances installed,  floors tiled and the tile back splash was painted. 


Six years later and the painted tiles still look wonderful!







Gayle made the curtains in the master bedroom and she made the top mirror from wood skewers painted gold. 


Ann Sloan chalk paint was used on the bedroom dresser.

They mortar washed the bricks to tone down the color, replaced the front door, extended the sidewalk and porch and added new landscaping. 




I hope you enjoyed the tour today!   Please visit Miss Kopy Kat to see more of the before and after pictures and her wonderful projects.  If you are not already a follower I know Gayle would love to have you as a regular visitor.

Thanks Gail for opening up your beautiful home for the Open House party.









xo,
Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post