Saturday, July 16, 2011

3…2…1…Road Trip

We’re going on a road trip and we cannot wait.

It’s been a pretty emotional summer so I am excited to have a chance to do something different for a little while.

The girls and I are leaving our sweet men behind and heading down the road.

You see this little boy…

pots 3

That’s my daddy.  Cute, isn’t he?

We are headed to see him and my stepmom in Texas for a week.  They have a beautiful thousand acre ranch with beautiful canyons, caves, horses, cattle and yes, I know, HEAT!    We’re tough, we can take it.

But that’s not it!

After we leave from our week in Texas, we are headed to Louisiana to visit a very special friend of mine.  The neat thing about this friend is that a whole lot of you probably know her too.

We are heading to Louisiana to spend a week with Becky from Buckets of Burlap and her precious family!!

Awesome, right!!!!

Are you wondering if we have ever met before? 

Nope.

Are you wondering how, why, what???

Let me just tell you.

Becky and I met through our blogs quite some time ago and became fast friends.  Then our youngest daughters became friends, or as they might say BFFs.  Next our oldest daughters, who are both major sporty girls, became friends.  And then there is the sweet little fellow that I can’t wait to give a big hug to because he just sounds huggable.

Actually, I have to admit that the first person in the family that I ever actually spoke to was Becky’s sweet husband.  Let me just tell you that this is a good man.  Just sayin…

I truly believe that God ordained this friendship for lots of reasons and I absolutely cannot wait to physically meet Becky and her family. 

I’m thinking there is going to be some major eating, shopping, laughing and talking going on that week.  I can’t wait to share with you all of the fun things we do.

I also can’t wait to just soak in all of the beautiful things she does in her home.  Really, take a good long look around her house and you will see what I mean.  GORGEOUS farmhouse, I tell you!

So that’s what my next two weeks hold.  Me and my precious girls on the road, visiting my daddy and meeting new friends. 

So here goes…

pots 1


Three…Two…One…ROAD TRIP


Please pray for us for safe travel and please oh please  pray for my mom who goes back to the doctor on Wednesday.


pots 2

That’s my pretty mama up there on the left.  I think that was a junior or senior photo of her.  Love my old black and white photos, you know.

I will still be checking in with everyone, so don’t write me off completely these next couple of weeks.    I would love for you to share some of the fun that we are having,  so I will be blogging a little along the way.

Take care friends and God bless!!!


(I used little peat pots that I bought at Lowes and prettied them up a little bit.  Don't they make great photo holders?)


Linking up over at Cherished Treasures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post