Saturday, July 9, 2011

Designer Spotlight: Elizabeth Dinkel

Good morning! Love to showcase designers whose work I admire and Elizabeth Dinkel fits right into my description of an "uber talented" designer! Love her style. I had seen a room that she had done for a showhouse in a magazine a few years ago and knew right away this was my kind of decorator. She clearly trends towards a more traditional look, but theres nothing heavy, stuffy, overdone or off putting about any of her rooms. Though some of them are formal, there is an ease and comfort level to the very beautiful spaces she has designed. Some of the bedrooms are just downright dreamy, and the living rooms while sophisticated and stunning are all rooms I can easily see being very comfortable entertaining family and friends in. Elizabeth's firm is based in West Hollywood, California and was established in 2004 after nearly 18 years as an interior designer. Her talents take her all over the United States and she has had her work featured in nearly every important design publication.  So take a look...what do you think of her style? Do you have a favorite room? Enjoy your Saturday!


Before I begin......I had to share with you my friends gorgeous hydrangea beds in front of her house, I had peony envy with others, now I have hydrangea envy! How gorgeous are these flowers!! Then on my way home noticed the only farm of its kind in my area has opened for the season! I was so excited...nothing like seeing that small nondescript sign beckoning you to their stands of still warm fresh fruits and vegetables...so I traveled the dirt path road and had a field day buying all the seasons freshest. Wish my camera didn't run out of camera, the basil garlic and strawberries were so huge and picture perfect! I came home and promptly made a delicious round of brushetta and a delicious fresh pesto.....gotta love summer cooking!










 Now moving on to Elizabeth and her gorgeous work...........


What a picture perfect windowseat!
Love the green chinoiserie, fabulous!
This is sooooo gorgeous! Love this space, I would live there if this was my house!
She handles transitional spaces as well as she does very traditional ones.....
Elegant and timeless entry foyer.....black is so gorgeous!
How inviting and happy is this wonderful light space?
With an office like this I would be looking for "work' to do just to stay in it!
This family room feels so welcoming and cheery
I like the fresh fabric on the drapes as a crisp play against the dark traditional wood

I like the neutral feel but would add something to the right wall, would you?
Great kitchen so bright and cheery with its Parisian style bistro chairs
Love this elegant bath
Such a handsome boys room...timeless
Love this cozy but so elegant outdoor setting
Love this inviting and cozy outdoor area with fireplace..great almost year round!
Fabulous and rich looking library paneled in elegant warm woods
Love this elegant little bathroom with its pale pink and green wallpaper
Love this gorgeous, soft and serene master bedroom...bed looks so inviting!
Beautiful white and pink ladies bath...quite decadent!
Love this classic take on an all white elegant bathroom
Pool house perfection

Well are you a fan yet? Do you like her style? Have a favorite room? Would love to know which! Wishing you a wonderful Saturday!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post