Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Charles Faudree's New Book + Quimper


If you are a long time reader of my blog then you know how much I love Charles Faudree and as one of his biggest fans you can imagine my excitement when I was able to meet him in person.  You can read about my lunch with Charles Here.  At the luncheon he mentioned a new book he was working on about creating vignettes and displaying cherished items. 

Today while pre-ordering  Brooke and Steve Giannetti's  "Patina Style" on Amazon  I saw Faudree's new book "Delight" was also available for pre-order.  Both books are discounted on Amazon and if you order them at the same time you get free shipping!  No, I am not affiliated with Amazon nor do I get one red cent for this free advertising.  I just want to give my readers the heads up on what looks like two amazing books.



I also wanted to show you a new Quimper piece I purchased at a local auction. This is a very large serving bowl measuring twelve inches across.  I am not an expert in Quimper but I know of several bloggers that are big collectors and very knowledgeable. I would be interested in knowing what the bowl would have been used for and the age.  Any ideas?




I think Charles Faudree would approve of my purchase!

The party will be up this evening at about 6:30. I hope to see you there.



We are headed to Florida for a few days for our granddaughter's birthday party and to enjoy the beach.  I'll be in touch when we return.

Hugs,
Sherry




No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post