Thursday, July 7, 2011

Getting Party Ready

Hey my friends!

Hope you are doing wonderful!

I am getting ready for a little birthday party for a friend of mine.

Several of our closest friends will be here that we haven’t seen in a long time, so, of course, I have to do some fluffing around the house to make it party ready.

I don’t really bring in party décor.  I tend to bring in flowers and candles and just try to make things smell good and look pretty and clean.

I also usually make most of my cleaning supplies but decided to splurge a few weeks ago and order some beautifully lavender scented cleaners.

See what I’m doing today.  

cleaners


I ordered these delightful cleaners and a few other things from Sweet Grass Farm.    Go check them out online at www.sweetgrassonline.com.

After everything is good and clean, then I start adding pretty white flowers everywhere.


bottle


green jar


dr bottles


cabinet


table


snacks


We have a little snack station that gets used a lot.  The entire sign reads Sweet and Salty.


shelves


bath


The guest bathroom has to have a little flower and candles also.


porch


This simple vintage wire basket with flowers will greet our guests as they arrive.


I like to buy a couple of the five dollar bouquet of flowers at Wal-Mart and just spread them all over the house.  So fresh, so pretty.


My next little project tonight will include these…

jars

I’ll show you later what they look like.

I love to make people feel special when they come to our home.  I want them to know that I took a little more time to make things “just right” just for them.

See you all soon.

(For those of you praying for my mom, thank you from the bottom of my heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post