Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vintage Apothecary Jars


Some of you know I have a love for "vintage" but you may not know about my special attraction to old bottles and jars.   There is just something about hand blown glass, with all the flaws, that appeal to me.
  I am especially drawn to apothecary jars. 

A couple of weeks ago I was strolling around a local antique mall and I spotted two bottles.  It was love at first sight!  Not only do they have the bubbles and imperfections in the glass,  they are also beautifully hand painted.




You can see how large they are when you compare them next to the 11x14 frame holding our wedding picture.  I purchased these from a dealer that was going out of business and everything was marked 70% off.   Yipee!

Most of my apothecary bottles are packed up. Here are a few bottles that escaped
the "all your  crap stuff  must be packed up to sell your home" philosophy.

These two were purchased at the Ballard outlet many years ago.  They now sit in the master bath and hold bubble bath and bath powder. I made the shell ribbon and added it to the bottles.


The tall apothecary bottle you have seen in previous post but I couldn't leave the bottle out as it is one of my favorites.


I was the recent winner of Rhonda's @ Blue Creek Home  giveaway. She sent me these darling hanging Easter eggs and the cute little rabbit. I added jelly beans to the eggs but somebody ate them all before I got a picture!  Also in the package was a doily and clay cross that Rhonda made.  I have added these to my display in one of my cheap trophies Thank you so much Rhonda! 



Thank you to everyone that has visited and those that have participated in  the Open House party this week. There is still time to link up.

 
I'll be partying at:
Romantic Home

xo,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post