Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Mantel For Summertime


1 mantel
After seeing some beautiful mantel change ups for the upcoming summer, I decided I had to get in on the fun.
(You know how I love to move stuff around and “shop” from around my house)
I decided to move my gorgeous blue green Goodwill wine bottles from their home on my bench and let them be my focal point on the mantel itself.
I could have stopped with the bottles for pure simplicity, but I am a layering kind of girl so of course I had to layer.
3 mantel
Wait a minute…I have to go back a step.
I want to make sure you notice my great old shutter.  It was black and in my attic until last night when the power went out and I got motivated to move things around.  Yep, I painted by candle light.
I hung some twine on it and then pinned up some French book pages I had bought.  I have no idea what they say but I know one says a word that looks like romance…hmmm.  I just hope they are all nice.
2 mantel
I love little details like that little vintage key hanging from that book page.
6 mantel
This is my brother and me.  He’s one of my heroes.
7 mantel
My sweet husband and his twin brother sit beside a pair of hubby’s little baby shoes.  I figured they stayed untied most of the time anyway so I decided to keep them that way.  I love them and all of there little scuff marks.
4 mantel
I love this new summer look. 
So fresh, so airy.
8 mantel
Do you change your mantel up for the seasons?
I used to not be able to, but now that I use a lot of white, I am able to be so much more versatile and I love it.
***
Partying over at:
The Lettered Cottage for a Summer Get Together

The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post