Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ferns and Lavender

Because I don’t have a very green thumb, I tend to use a lot of ferns in the summertime to decorate with.
I also like to plant my herbs in pots and use them on my deck for cooking purposes and for pretty purposes. 
So far, I have two ferns on my front porch.
This one in my great old wash tub…

washstand

washstand 2
And this one on a plant stand that once was green, then black, and now beautiful white…
The fern sits in a great old galvanized bucket.
fern stand 1
The little gray shutter was pulled off the side of the road from someone’s throw away pile.
Thanks Mr. and Mrs. for your trash.
I went to a yardsale this morning and found nothing that I needed to buy, but I did spot a beautiful hydrangea bush that was huge and gorgeous.
I very nicely asked the lady of the house if she would mind if I took a couple of blooms home with me to admire and she curiously and graciously said yes.
Thanks to this Mrs. as well.
hydrangea
The vintage wire basket came from the Nashville Flea which is where a bunch of my treasures come from.
porch
My lavender is the only herb I have planted so far.  The others are in little peat pots growing on my kitchen table.
lavender 1
This great old yellow step stool was an unearthed treasure from an estate sale I went to last weekend.  I did some major digging in an old nasty shed that day and brought home some pretty neat stuff.
lavender 2
Lavender and ferns are it so far this season, but oh there are more things to come.
More ferns… more herbs… and then comes my vegetable garden…(which my husband has most control of because of that thumb I was telling you about.)
*****
Adding more items to my Etsy shop today, including some great burlap totes that my very talented mama made. 
Check them out when you have a chance at Amys All Things Home.

Heading over to Donna's at Funky Junk Interiors for her galvanized party!  Hooray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post