Tuesday, April 5, 2011

At Long Last

A couple of weeks ago my junkin buddy Lynn from  The Vintage Nest  and I hit a number of antique and junk stores.  Lynn found some cute things for her antique booth and her on-line shop but I was coming up empty handed.  At the end of the day I had not purchased a single thing! 

On the way home we made one final stop at Goodwill.  I walked around and didn't see a thing I wanted.  I started to the front of the store and a lady had the aisle blocked with her cart.  I cut through the small appliance section and that is when I found my treasure. Tucked between two toasters were these fabulous vintage alabaster grapes.  You could have heard me squealing a mile away.  I think I scared Lynn when I went running through the store almost screaming her name!  



I have wanted some of these for the longest time but the price kept me from buying.  I bid on a smaller cluster of grapes recently at an on-line auction but they ended up selling for $90.00 to a dealer.

These are the gigantic alabaster grapes with the smallest ones about the size of a golf ball and the larger ones are the size of a tennis ball.  The funny thing is my dad has a set exactly like these and I am always admiring his when I visit.  I even tried to talk him into selling them to me and he just kept changing the subject.

I love my new cluster of grapes ( even if my husband doesn't get the appeal )  and I love the $7.00 price tag.
Thank you Goodwill!

Don't forget the Open House party here. Link will be up Wednesday around 6:30 pm

I am partying at:

Hugs,
Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post