Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Look Who’s Peeking Out From Under the Chair


Good morning friends!
I have a new friend who has come to live with us.  Sadly,  most of my family think that I am crazy to have brought him home.
And, since everyone has not quite warmed up completely to my new friend, I am keeping him sort of hidden.  Not completely hidden, but not just in their faces quite yet.
I do give my sweet family credit though because they have happily allowed me to make tables out of old doors, hang old windows and old window screens on the walls, use 100 year old ceiling tins for artwork and have pillows that used to hold garden seeds and cow feed on our couches. 
Thanks family for indulging your mama!
So are you wondering who my new friend is?
I would like for you to meet Herley, my new bull…
1st cow
Can you see him back there?
Look closer…
cow 1
Now can you see him better?
Poor Herley has to peek out from underneath this little chair just to be able to look around.
cow 2
You know that I have to tell you why I named him Herley.
His name is Herley because I have two wonderful grandfathers who are both now with the Lord and their names are Herman and Leon.  Cattle were a huge part of both of these men’s lives.  One was a cattle farmer and showed cows and the other was a livestock dealer. 
See why the name fits this bull so well.
Now, I have to tell you where I found Herley.
cow 4
I found him at the Goodwill Outlet in Nashville, Tennessee, in a big bin, just waiting for me to snatch him up.
  I have told you about the GW Outlet before.  There are huge bins all around the store, no racks, no hangers, no shelves, only bins and people.  Lots and lots of people.  Most of these people are wearing big old work gloves because they are going to be digging in these bins that are full of everything you can possibly imagine.  Lots of times there is broken glass, so I guess the gloves are for protection.  I can tell you that I don’t think I will ever be serious enough about my Goodwill digging to wear gloves.  Hmmm…never say never though, right?
cow 5
There you have it, this is where Herley is hanging out for now.  Actually, he is not even hanging,  he is propped against the wall.    Remember that this home is hopefully a temporary home and the family will warm up to him soon and he can come out of hiding just a little bit.
This is what he looks like when he is not hidden under a chair…
cow 7
He was painted in 1981 by a lady named Christa Oaks.  I would love to know why, what I think is a beautiful painting, ended up at Goodwill in Nashville and why someone in her family didn’t want it.
Okay, maybe you don’t think it’s as pretty as I do, but remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,  and I just see strength and beauty in this picture.
Hopefully my family will warm up to my new friend soon like they have warmed up to all of my other treasures I have brought home lately.
***
I know my posts are a little scare now, but with my son fixing to graduate from our home school, softball starting up for my two daughters, and keeping up with my new Etsy shop, I am a busy lady.  No busier than all of you, I know, but I am trying to make sure to keep my life balanced.  My little one thinks I have a job now that I have opened my Etsy shop and honestly, she is not very happy about it. 
Got to make everybody happy, you know.  Smile  Mainly, I want to make sure that I stay in God’s will so He will continue to bless what I am doing.
***
I did go to the flea market this weekend in Nashville and picked up some great things for the shop.  I will be getting them online later on this afternoon if you are interested in taking a look.
***
EDITED...Etsy shop now updated with some new items!!

***
Partying over at:
All Thingz Related for her Tuesday party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post