Sunday, April 3, 2011

Adding Spring Touches

With the explosion of Spring I have been trying to lighten things up.  I can't make any major changes while our house is on the market but I have been bringing in some fun accessories.

This cloche was made a while ago but it has been stored away just waiting for warm weather.  I made the display using bits and pieces I had left from other projects.  The only new thing I bought was a small 99 cent grapevine that I made the nest with.  The cloche and cake stand I already owned and both were purchased at Goodwill for just a few dollars.


Normally the little iron table is used in our morning room.  I brought into the living
 room to add a touch of outdoors.


See the cute pillow?  The pillow was a gift from my newest sponsors.  
 Sisters Shannon and Julie are the talent behind these fabulous pillow covers. 
 They have the cutest Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/people/gatheredcomforts 
where they not only sell  these wonderful pillows but also some vintage items and jewelry.


I chose this pillow because the colors work perfectly in our family room.  Love it with our Italian lamp.

Here is a little info on the sisters taken from their profile and some of the products they sell on Etsy.

We are two sisters born and raised in beautiful Southern Illinois who love junking, gardening and crafting. After owning a successful retail store for 10 years we sold it lock, stock and name and have took the last couple of years off to raise kids and rest. We are now starting a new chapter, doing something we love to
 do and enjoying every moment of it. Besides Etsy we take our show on the road twice a year to the Country Living Fairs in Columbus, Ohio and Atlanta, Georgia. Check out our blogspot  Gatheredcomfortsblogspot.com to keep up with what we have been up to.
Shannon and Julie.




Wouldn't this pillow make a wonderful Mothers Day gift?


Please stop by and say hello to these sweet shop owners.


How have you been decorating for Spring?   I would love for you to share your
 seasonal changes at my Open House Party each Thursday.


Hugs,
Sherry

I am joining the parties at:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post