Wednesday, September 1, 2010

To Be...To Do...

First of all I have to tell you how motivated Tracy at Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures has made me these last few days.  My goodness, this lady has done so many neat fall projects over the last couple of weeks.  She has gotten me motivated to at least think of some projects I would like to work on.  It won't be long before I pull out some of my fall things, but for now, I am doing a few little DIY projects.

Remember that I am talking little projects.  I'm not painting rooms or building furniture. 

The neat little project I did today was to make me a place to put all those little reminder cards I get from the dentist, hair stylist, etc.,  or even party invites.

I took the idea from a Pottery Barn idea I saw online the other day.


I had this tin that I had bought several years ago.  It used to be a rust and green color. 

It got a coat of paint, a few scratches and some twine wrapped around it.

And now it does this for me...



It holds my little appointment cards so nicely.

You do need to make sure that your twine is wrapped tightly around so that it will be tight enough to hold your cards without them slipping out.  I actually hot glued places as I went so it would be more secure.



The little metal tag reminds me that these are places to be and things to do.



Perfect little area on my kitchen desk to serve as my reminder of what the days hold.

Now if I can just remember to change the date on my calendar. 

(I won't even begin to tell you what date it was on when I started to take this photo today.)

Just a little thought to leave with you since we are talking about what a day holds for us...

We may not know what the future holds, but PRAISE GOD, we know WHO holds the future!!!


Linking up over at Someday Crafts and Beyond the Pickett Fence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post