Monday, September 27, 2010

She Thinks Like I Do...A Post and Tutorial By My Daughters

First, let me tell you just a little about Beth.

She is my oldest daughter and is very handy and creative.  She also loves doing things with her little sister.

Well, today was one of those days when she started feeling creative and decided to do crafts with Faith.

Funny thing was that she wanted to do Christmas crafts with her because finally our weather was cooling off a little and that put her in the Christmas mood.

Before I give this over to her to show you what she made and how she made it, I just want to tell you a cool comment she made today before she started crafting...

She was going to be making something for me to use for Christmas decor and as she was thinking about what materials she was going to use, she said, "okay mom, now I have to think like you...white, burlap, wood..."

She's such a great girl.

Now let me turn this over to Beth...

Hey everyone, my mom asked me to give ya'll a quick tutorial on a couple of things that I made today.  The first thing that I made was an Advent Calendar.

First, I took some scrap material and cut it out into Christmas trees.




Then, I numbered 1-25 with black craft paint.


I hot glued two pieces of material to the back of the calendar fabric to be used as a candy/treat holder.  Each day in December, we can come and get a treat from here!


I hot glued all 25 numbers onto the front of the calendar.


And here is the finished product..
The front..


 And the back..


The next project took a little bit longer.  This will be used to hold the Christmas cards we receive this year.

  I started with a piece of ply wood and drew a Christmas tree on the front. 

 
I used the hand saw to cut out the shape I wanted and after about an hour sawing, I finally finished and got this..


I covered the tree in batting so that splinters wouldn't come through the fabric.


I used two of my mom's favorite things: White and Burlap. 


 I took some of the material that my mom has saved and covered the tree in it.


The tree after the fabric..


I added string to the tree and secured it in the back using staples.  I put nails at each of the places where the string overlapped to make sure that the string was tight.


Lastly, I added the buttons.


And here is the finished product.


Thanks, mom, for letting me share! :) 

Now here's my little sister's craft that she made today for mom.

Ok This is Faith.
I Know ya'll are wondering what this says.
it says Burlap.
it's Batting & I cut it in letters. 
it was Soo,Soo fun it Took Long Because I Watched Tv So if you ever Do what I did Don't watch Tv.
SEE YA NEXT TIME!!!!!!

 Partying over at All Thingz Related

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post