Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Shabby Look

I just had to show you my newest project!




You may remember my oak buffet from this post about money laundering, racketeering  and tax evasion!


What do you think of her now?

Talk about procrastinating!  I bought this piece two years ago with plans to paint it.  It was finally finished last week.  She was painted with leftover white paint from another project. The drawer fronts and door
inserts were painted a pale blue using oops paint and the white mixed together. The buffet was distressed and glazed with Ralph Lauren Smoke and finished with a coat of paste wax . 

Here are more pictures of the dining room.  Now you can see why I chose to add the blue to the buffet.
.


See the white fruit centerpiece on the table?  It was given to me at a garage sale. The husband had broken it taking it outside for the sale and didn't want his wife to know. He told me to just take it before she got home!
I glued it back together but you could still see where it was cracked. You can see the technique I used  here  to repair and age the piece.

I am thinking of painting the grandmother clock. What do you think? 

The clock is new but it was made from antique wood.  The silver shelf is a food dome cut in half with hangers welded on.




I have a wee obsession with transferware.

The chandelier was purchased at the Shades of Light outlet store.




Thanks so much for visiting!

I'll be joining the ladies at the following parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post