Thursday, September 15, 2011

Design Schizophrenia


Recently someone asked me what I would call my decorating style.
The only answer I could come up with is
 Schizophrenia!

I see homes that are one style and think how beautifully pulled together they are.  I wish I could select a style that I love and stick with it.  The problem is I love way too many different decorating styles.

Country French is a favorite as evident in our bedroom.




and the living room




But..I also like the warm Tuscan Style of our family room..

especially in the evening


I also like to add a little fun or something different to the mix such as my lime green office or...


Or a cog in the dining room


It's no secret that I love English transferware



Of course I also have Italian Pottery scattered around the house





A few pieces of Quimper add to the mix



A dash of feminine


I had to add some shabby chic


 I cannot forget the coastal accents





The chaos is most evident in the dining room!

In this room English transferware meets Italian pottery, shabby chic, European art, coastal design and Country French!!

Ignore the not so attractive chandy.  When the house went on the market I took the one we bought down and put back up the original.



I have always had a somewhat eclectic style but now it appears to have gone beyond that. 

The coastal accessories will be packed up soon to make room for the Fall decor.  I can't bear to get rid of the transferware or the Italian pottery.  I am in still in love with Country French so what is a girl to do?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Are you a design schizophrenic too?

Hugs,

Sherry

I'll be partying this week with:

Don't forget to enter my giveaway HERE
 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post