Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cottage Linen Bedroom

Whew!!!  I am done and I am back!

This has been a crazy busy last week, but very worth the time and energy.

If you have followed me for very long, then you know that my master bed and bathroom were very dark.  Take a look here if you don’t believe me…BEFORE

Now, check out what my walls look like painted Cottage Linen by Olympia…


full bed 2


Is that not an amazing difference.  Can I just tell you that I sleep so much better in there now?


small lamp 1


Her side…


small lamp 2


His side…


I covered these two lampshades with strips of blue and white ticking that I purchased at the flea market. 


cabinet 1


I picked up this great little cabinet at the Nashville Flea market.  I know it’s got some major stuff going on with it,  but I just love it.  Every flaw adds character in my eyes. 


I know the Lord sees beauty despite all of my flaws.



chalkboard 1


I love these quilts and blankets stacked up on top.  Such softness.


chair 2


I threw my Ikea blanket over a chair I already had.  It gave it that just right feel. 


I know you noticed my metal #9 has moved again.  That number is kind of like Where’s Waldo?  Yes, you know that’s my favorite number.


number


I wanted to show you my little shoes that are sitting on my grandfather’s old Bible.  I love the symbolism there.  “Go into all the earth and share the Good News”!


dresser 2


I still have a very dark piece of furniture in my room because it’s a very nice piece and because my mom gave it to us. 


I have tried to lighten it up a bit by using a light colored vintage runner on top.  I also added the old window pane in front of the mirror and also added lighter accessories.  Make what you have work…that has become my motto.


trophy 2


I snatched this 1959 American Walking Horse trophy up as soon as I saw it.  I never expected to find a beauty like this at the yardsale I was at.  Great find!


dresser 5


ladder 2


I’m just not going to tell you how many ladders I have in my house now. 


Do you see that little leg peeking out there on that table?


light 2


My oldest daughter built me this little table out of pallet wood.  Didn’t she do an incredible job?  I was totally impressed and knew that our little tv would fit perfectly on there. 


I know that people say you shouldn’t have a tv in your bedroom, but we enjoy it on the few occasions that we can lie in bed and watch a movie together.  What a better way to hold that television that on this gorgeous handmade table??


Did you look up and see the lamp up over the television?


light 4


A $2 bushel basket turned into a lamp.  Isn’t that a brilliant idea that someone came up with?  Such fun!


So thankful to have this done so I can lay my head here at night…


full


(so sorry to leave you with that horrible glare)


Thanks for sticking around for all the photos.  I’ll let you get back to what you were doing now.  Have a great rest of your week, my friends.


linking up over at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post