Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Great Summer Treat

Hey all my friends!  Hope you are all doing wonderful!

I don’t know about where you live, but here in Tennessee, it is HOT!  When it’s hot outside,  I love to fix fun, refreshing drinks for my family.

Recently, I came across a great recipe for cherry lime-aide that I want to share with you.  I promise you will love this drink.  It’s delicious and easy and looks so appealing.

First of all, I want to share where I got the recipe.  Check out the beautiful blog, The Red FeedSack, and meet Dori.  Then, you have to go to her daughter, Andrea’s blog, Keeping it Cozy.  These ladies have the real thing.  They have the farmhouses that I would so love to have.   And, they are both so sweet…and…they both live in Tennessee…and… it’s only about an hour from where I live.  So awesome!

Now for the summer treat…

drinks 2

Doesn’t this look wonderful?  Oh, so good!

What you need to make your own cherry drinks is:
Ginger Ale
12 oz of lime juice
Fresh limes
Maraschino Cherries
1 cup sugar

First, make your own lime syrup by mixing the 12 oz lime juice and heaping cup of sugar together in a small saucepan.  Bring this to a boil over medium heat and boil one minute.  Boil long enough to dissolve sugar.  Stir while heating.  This syrup will go a long way so you will not have to make it every time.

Next, fill a quart size mason jar to the top with ice.  Add 1/4 cup lime syrup and 1/4 cup cherry juice.  Pour ginger ale on top of that, throw in a few cherries, add a few slices of lime, and voila….that wonderful refreshing drink I was telling you about.

Our family loves to go to Sonic for their Happy Hour and buy lime-aides.  We don’t have to anymore because now we have our own and they are so much better. 

If you make some for yourselves, make sure to let me know what you think.

Have a wonderful rest of your week, my friends.

Linking this recipe up over at The Simply Klassic Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post