Monday, May 14, 2012

Art And Antiques for Mothers Day



I hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day.

Steve and I took a little trip to the Chesapeake area this
weekend.   From our home it is a short drive to Williamsburg
and Jamestown where we caught a car ferry across the James River.
It was a beautiful morning and the perfect day to be outside.


Our first stop was the darling town of Smithfield,  home of the
Smithfield ham.  Historic Main street has several antique and home decor
shops and some of the cutest homes. 



This Victorian is a pet shop.  See the darling bird cage cover on the porch?

Later that afternoon we headed over to the historic district in Portsmouth. 
If you love crab the Chesapeake is the place to go.  I had my share this
weekend with crab cakes, she crab soup and artichoke crab dip...yum!

The next morning we enjoyed the Art Festival held in Olde Town
Portsmouth and then did a little more antiquing before heading home.


I'll be back to show you one of my favorite shops in Portsmouth and what came home
with us from this trip.

Hugs,
Sherry

Partying at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post