Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thrifty Tabletop Breakdown!

I want to thank you for all the sweet comments on my Restoration Hardware look-a-like table.  You guys are the absolute best!  I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your friendship and support.

If you have read my blog for any time at all you know I prefer to decorate on a budget and thrive on finding that fantastic bargain.  I like having nice things in our home but I have found so much of the expensive decor can be duplicated or purchased for a lot less money.  That being said I want to show you what I spent to put  together the look in my previous post.  Here's the breakdown.

The table is a copy of a $1295 Restoration Hardware one. As I mentioned in my previous post I found the identical table at Roomstore for $379.

The mirror I found at Anthropologie at 70% off.  I have seen this same mirror priced at $300 other places.  I paid $62.00.



Wisteria had some gorgeous prints in a mirrored frame for $150 each.  I loved them but I knew I could find something I liked as well for a lot less.  Last year I found similar prints in mirrored frames on clearance at Target. I paid $9.00 each for my version of Wisteria's art.


The little black sconce was purchased at a consignment shop for $5.00 and the Quimper style plate at a garage sale for $1.00. 

During my search for the table I stopped at Bassett Furniture and purchased the green glass lamp for $10.00
from the clearance room. This lamp had an original price tag of $140. 

The metal urn was painted bright gold when I found it in a junk shop for $6.00. A little paint and glaze solved that problem. The urn was filled with seashells purchased  at a garage sale for $2.00. There must have been 200 shells or more in the bag. The coral, star fish and pink shell I have owned for years.





I Love this plaster architectural piece and it was $8.00 from the same junk store that had the urn.  I also got the large basket there for $5.00 and the metal gym basket for $10. The two wine bottles and large apothecary bottle I have had for years. I am sure I paid less than $10 each for them.  The best buy of all were the two antique clay pots purchased locally at an on-line auction.  My cost for both pots was $3.00!!


Total cost for all accessories, including wall and tabletop = $150!  See why I love hunting for bargains?

*Thanks for the advise on painting the vent. I had wanted it painted but hubby was afraid the paint would chip off the metal.  With so many of you backing me up he caved in!  

Thanks for stopping by.
xo,xo, Sherry

I am  linking up my thrifty table top to the following parties:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post