Saturday, August 28, 2010

Loving Old Stuff Today...

What's so cool about blogging is that I have found soooo many people who love old stuff.  We see the beauty of what it was and what it still can be.

Let me confess though...I didn't always love old.  My mother tried for years to get me to appreciate the beauty and value of age and patina and of the memory that something holds.

Now that I am "older", I have truly learned to appreciate exactly what she was always trying to teach me.

Better late than never, I now would rather have antiques, fancy junque, not so fancy junk, refurbished, aged, even broken pieces in my house than things that are from a department store.  Really, I would.

So, today when I saw that Donna at Funky Junk Interiors was hosting and "Old" party, I knew I was in.  Even if I didn't have anything to post, I would still be looking at  what everyone else is showing. 

This is our party, friends, to look at beautiful, wonderful, unique "OLD STUFF".  I can't wait!  Make sure you go check it out also.

Let me share with you just a few of  my favorites.

This will be complete randomness in what I picked.



The old shoes belonged to my husband.  There were actually two sets of these since my husband is a twin.  I love the little scuff marks on them.  Sweeeet!!!

The pocket watch belonged to my husband's grandfather who worked on the railroad.  Because my husband was the first born of the twin boys, he got the watch. 

The little lock and key was my grandfather's.  It has a YF on it which was for Yearwood Farms.  He worked for Yearwood Farms for years.



This beauiful chair was my grandmother's and was given to me when she passed away.  I remember sitting in it growing up and thinking it was like a queen's chair.  I always thought it was so fancy.



These three random pieces were bought because I love the patina on them.  And look at all those great swirls.  I love swirls.  Have I told you that?  The copper wire I found in a box for like .50.  I love everything about it.

So, there you go.  These are just a few of my favorites.  I have like 9,999 more that I could show you. 

Have a great weekend and be sure to head over to Donna's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post