Monday, August 16, 2010

Old Recipes

I found a treasure trove of old recipes today that belonged to my grandmother.  I  knew I had them, but they were tucked way back in a cabinet and I had sort of forgotten about them. 

I haven't had a chance to look through them all, but I can tell you it is full of every recipe you can imagine.   So many of them are in my nanny's handwriting, which makes them all the more special. 

Take a quick look...



This box is full of her recipes.  I can't wait to look at them closer.

Can you see the recipe at the top of this next photo?



It says "To Herman" (that's my grandfather) and the recipe is for Better Than Sex Cake.

Nanny...I am shocked...but pleasantly so. 

Isn't that fun!!

Another jewel I have from her is this children's cookbook...It is obviously old.



I framed it because of the note that she wrote at the top...



"To Amy when she wants to cook"

Can I just tell you how much I love this?

My nanny has been gone a lot of years, but my memories of her never will.  She was a wonderful lady who loved her family.  One of the ways she showed her love was through the  meals she prepared and the desserts she fixed.  With these recipes, I can carry on some of her special traditions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post