Monday, February 15, 2010

My Obsession With Blue

I have finally come to realize I have an obsession with blue. Not just any blue. My walls are full of blue and white transferware platters and plates, the blue and white Italian pottery has taken over the house and don't even get me started on my somewhat huge collection of plates, pitchers, tureens, ect., ect, ect.

I can blame Joe Garagiola, of baseball fame, for the start of my addiction. You see Joe, and his family, lived in the town I grew up in.  In the early 1970's the Garagiola family was having a garage sale in their gorgeous home and there was no way I was going to miss this. Keep in mind I was only 17 years old and didn't have a lot of money but I was able to purchase a transferware pitcher. Of course I needed additional pieces to go with the pitcher and thus became a lifelong obsession with collecting blue and white.

Here's the pitcher that started it all....














I hope you have enjoyed this small sampling of transferware. Check back next monday for more.

For more blue check out Smiling Sally  for Blue Monday and the party at Little Red House with mosaics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post