Monday, February 8, 2010

Creamy White And Roses

I had been looking a while for a mirror to go above a dresser. The problem was I needed a very large mirror and everything I found was hundreds of dollars.

While digging through a local antique mall junk store I came across this very sad mirror. It was exactly the size I needed and for $15.00 I knew I could make it a beauty.

 I cannot find the before picture...time to clean out Picasso.  This is a picture I borrowed from Craigslist of a very similar mirror. Sorry about the quality.

Before


I painted the mirror a creamy white to match our bed. I added appliques of roses to the top and bottom of the piece. Distressed with sandpaper and then applied Ralph Lauren glaze in Smoke. I love the way this project turned out and it works perfectly with our other bedroom pieces.








Visit these wonderful sites for more inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post