Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cows

Hey all my friends.

I guess it’s because my grandfather, father and brother used to show Jersey cows, and my other grandfather was a cattle trader, that I just have “the love of cows” in my blood.

  I have some great old black and white snap shots of my father and grandfather with their show cows that I am going to try and enlarge to use.  I also have lots of their ribbons and even a few silver trophy bowls that they won.   Such awesome memorabilia. 

I have recently been on a cow hunt.  Now, I don’t want just any old cow.  I want it to have the right look.  You know what I mean….right?

Let me show you a couple that I have recently brought home.


pillow 2

See him sitting way down there on my white bench.

Here he is a little closer up…


pillow 3



pillow 5

My friend, Kim, made me this pillow.  Remember her etsy shop giveaway I did a couple of weeks ago.  Check out her shop again here.

I also just purchased this great little 8 x10 canvas from Fine Farmhouse and I love it.

cow picture 2

I love how subtle this canvas is.  Dru did a great job making her look old.

cow picture 1

This old wooden screen holds my kitchen essentials.  I love to corral things together like this. 

Our chickens are laying us lots and lots of eggs right now.  We are getting a dozen plus everyday.   Thank you my pretty hens…

Now you know I cannot talk about cows and leave out my all time favorite bovine.

herley 3

Yes, Herley is still my number 1 cow of all times.

herley 2

I don’t think Herley will ever be replaced.  He will always be my favorite and he will always hold a place of honor and distinction in my home.

So now I have three cows.   There is one in the kitchen, one in the dining room, and one in the living room.  I don’t want to be a collector of cows so I will probably stop soon.  A few will do me just fine. 

Of course the above comment doesn’t mean that I am going to stop my hunt.

Hope you are having a great week and that the rest of it is blessed beyond measure.

Thanks, as always, for taking your time to visit with me.  I know your time is precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post