Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Annual Weeding Out...But Not In the Garden

My friends, I am selfishly asking that the rain not come this weekend, as I am having a much needed yard sale. I will be having it Friday and Saturday, so please pray for the rain to stay away.

Remember I told you that I am de-Kirklandifying (I know that's not a word anywhere, but it worked)?  I am getting rid of so much.  I am simplifying.  I am ridding myself of most things that are red, brass, or anything similar.  My whole home has changed over the last year and I LOVE IT!  My home has now taken on MY personality and not a stores.  It has been so freeing to become ME.  How weird is that?

I wish you all lived closer and you could come hang out with me and some of my other buds who will be selling also.  You could bring some of your things and we could all simplify together.  We could also make a little money to boot.

Just a little note to tell you what I have done so far to prepare...

All things are priced to sale (that means good prices because I do not intend to bring anything back in)

Clothes are on hangers and on clothing racks where they can be seen easier

Ads are in two area newspapers, on a couple of free websites and on Facebook

Signs are made and ready to be placed in good traffic areas

Friend's items will be brought tomorrow

I will be up early early Friday morning pulling things out of the garage and getting everything organized neatly on tables or racks so that people can browse and buy easily

I want things to be pleasing to the eyes when people shop my yard sales so that they will stay longer and buy lots of stuff, so that means making sure I spend a little extra time getting things out and displayed

Of course, I always make sure my house is in good shape just in case a friend comes by who wants to take a look around.  Oh, and the yard has to be manicured since all those people will be here.  Honestly, yard sales make me tired before they even get here because I make myself too uptight about unnecessary things. 

Do you have any quick tips for me that you can share before Friday morning?  Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!

Thanks and remember...NO RAIN!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post