Friday, May 7, 2010

I Love That I Can Ask You All Questions...

Okay, my friends, I am looking for a little advice. 

I am looking for some books to satisfy my vintage, shabby chic, natural home desires.  I would love to hear what some of your favorite picks are. 

Think about it this way...what book would you most like to sit down with in your big comfy chair with a cup of coffee or tea and waste away the day with?  I know most of us don't actually have the time to do that, but what if you did?  Tell me several that are your favorites and then I will do a little research.

You know how you just get in the mood for a good read with beautiful photos that make your heart pitter patter?  That is what kind of mood I am in.   I have gone to the library and found a few that I like, but unfortunately, our library is limited in their shabby chic department. 

I did find an older book called The Natural Home, Living the Simpler Life, that is wonderful.  It's sweet.  Do you know what I mean?  It's just a calming book with great pictures and wonderful bits of wisdom.  I sit dreamily, I tell you, dreamily, as I look over a book like this.  My heart yearns a little...actually a whole lot. 

Just listen to some of the words this author uses to wrap me up in her little world...Boughs of fragrant lilac in a watering can, the scent of grass after a rain, the smooth surface of a stone worn by the tide, gentle breezes, the light of day, nature's palette, timeworn textures, a welcoming seat, oh and there's so much more.  She actually had me in the preface when she talked about rescuing a kitchen table from an old barn.  She said it was the heart of her home.  Oh, to find an old farm table that I can make my own where my family can sit and continue to make memories.

Can you hear the yearning?  I certainly feel it. 

Sometime soon, I would like to share with you where I have come from, where I am now, and where I hope to be someday.  I feel as though I am on a journey of sorts.  This is a journey that I believe is from God and one I pray that I am faithful on.

God bless you today, my friends, and thanks for any advice on good reading for the warm days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post