Thursday, July 26, 2012

Warming Things Up

Hey friends! 

I sure hope this finds you all doing well and that life is good.

I have been playing around with some more of my summer flea market finds and have been shuffling things up a bit.  You know how fun it is to move things from here to there and there to here.

milkcan 2

I found this large milkcan at the Canton, Texas, flea market this past spring.  It has been on the floor until recently when I decided  it needed to move on up a little and be seen better.

Because this farm table is so big, I knew I could also move some of my bigger baskets up here and they would make a grander statement than just sitting on the floor.

table 4

The green box here on the bottom shelf is extremely heavy and not really sure what it was used for.  It makes great storage for our board games and cards.

The old cotton basket was a gift from my mom several years ago.  Love it and how big it is.

basket

I love the warmth that this basket and the other one of top of the table brings to this side of the room.

table basket 1

I know fall is still a ways away, but I am ready to bring in some warm colors.

wood tote 1

The wooden tote is a favorite piece of mine.  I love it holding the old German beer bottles.  Can you see the three rusty pieces in the back of the tote?  Those are old bells with nothing inside to ring.  They are just the dome shape part of the bell.  I love the rustiness and the shape.

Yep, Herley still stands proudly in his grassy pasture on my table.  That painting will forever be one of my best scores ever from Goodwill.

table 4

The tall doors on the back of the table are a light green with some brown showing through.  My plan is to do some more sanding on them and try to bring some more of the brown out since they pretty much fade into the wall color.

As you can tell, this is a great table and so much fun to play around with.  It is so easy to move things around and change things up. I  love that it was a handmade gift given to me from our Louisiana friends on their first trip to Tennessee last year.  Mr. Buckets of Burlap is a wonderful carpenter, and I am still so happy to be a recipient of his talents.

Okay, so you can see that I am bringing some more natural woods back into our home.  I think the warm colors look so beautiful with the whites.  I have a couple of inspiration homes that I have been really stalking lately.  Take a look at the already very popular Faded Charm and Frog Goes to Market.  These ladies know how to make a home beautiful.  I love both of their styles and all of their great vintage pieces. 

Well, my friends, I will say so long for now.  Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit.  Come back again. 

God bless you each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post