Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Skirted Table {Porch Projects}

When we first starting talking about the layout of the new porch, I immediately knew I wanted Honey to make me a long, skinny counter-height table to go under the window.  It will be great to use as a buffet, bar and many other things!  
July 2012 169 copy
Honey used scrap wood to build the legs and a shelf underneath.July 2012 280 He used 3/4” sanded plywood to create a smooth top and to make sides that would give it a substantial look.  He made the table height to exactly match my burlap width so that I didn’t have to cut or hem it (40” before the top went on).  To make the burlap skirt, I measured the entire distance around all four sides of the table and then multiplied it by two.  I purchased this 40” burlap at under $2 a yard from OnlineFabricStore.net.  July 2012 190Before I stapled it to the table, I used about a yard of the Towers fabric by Premier Prints in Village Blue to make the greek key-ish border.  I simply cut strips of the fabric and turned down the top and bottom edges with a straight stitch.  I then sewed all of my strips together into one long piece and sewed that onto the bottom of the burlap.July 2012 187 copy

Towers Collection
I love the way it turned out and it was a very affordable way to make this size (18x76”) of a table!
xoxo

Flattered for the features at House on the WayBless My Nest and The CSI Project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post