Monday, July 23, 2012

The Empty Guest Room

Our sweet friends left to go back to Louisiana today.  Our families met a little over a year ago, yet it seems like we have been together forever.  We actually feel like they are our family.  Sisters…brothers…nieces…nephews. 

 

We had a blast!

 

We went canoeing and kayaking.  We went shopping.  We  watched movies that made us laugh until we almost cried.  We ate and ate more.  We made homemade ice cream.  We watched our girls make up dances.  We dreamed.  We planned. 

 

It was wonderful having them here.

 

Their family of five filled our rooms, our home, and our hearts this week.

 

We hated to see them go, but we will see them again soon.  We make plans at each visit for our next visit.

 

The guest bedroom where they slept is all cleaned out.  Their luggage is gone.  I wish it was filled with all there stuff again.

 

This is where they slept…

 

bed

 

Very simple and understated, but I hope comfortable.

 

This was their roommate during their visit…

 

lola 3

 

This pretty lady is my newest friend,  Lola.  (found at TJ Maxx)

 

lola 2

 

Isn’t she lovely standing in front of that gorgeous chippy pink door?

 

door 1

 

Yes, I fell in love pretty much instantly and knew this pink could be used in our guest room.

 

I stashed a neat little lone gray shutter in the corner here for a little added interest.  I also filled an empty spot on the wall with a coffee filter wreath that I made.  (easy)

 

lamp 1

 

I found some tan and white ticking at Goodwill recently and made a very simple pillow cover for the bed. 

 

Fresh flowers were a must to have the room ready for our friends…

 

dresser 1

 

Take a close look at the beautiful bowl that is holding the flowers…

 

dresser 5

 

Look at the beautiful scrolled edging and all the details along the rim..

 

dresser 3

 

Are you wondering why I am making such a big deal about this bowl?

 

Let me tell you why…

 

I mentioned earlier that we took our friends out on the river kayaking.  While we were in the water, I happened to look down and saw something that I thought looked like a white enamel bowl.  I brought it up out of the dirty water, washed it off a bit and discovered that I had found a beautiful ironstone wash bowl.  You heard me right…this bowl is marked Ironstone on the bottom, is heavy, and is beautiful. 

 

Can you believe I found an ironstone bowl on the bottom of the river that we were floating?  What a pleasant surprise!

 

Becky said only I would go picking in the river, but I know she would have too if she had of been in the spot I was in.  Smile

 

Wasn’t that a great find!

 

dresser 4

 

Are you wondering like me why an ironstone bowl was in the water?  So strange…

 

Let me just end this by saying that I am so thankful to God for our friends from Louisiana.  I am also so thankful for my sweet friends that have been my friends for many many years.    And, I am thankful for each of you who stop by and visit me so often.

 

I love spending time with all of you!

 

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post