Thursday, January 19, 2012

Split Personality

Despite what all the "experts" say about decorating your bedroom first, it's always the last space done for us.  I've never shared this space because, as it stands today, mine has a bad case of split personality disorder.  And if I do nothing else in 2012, I WILL finish my bedroom!

Here's the good side...
And here's the bad side... (note the lack of art, outlet covers, dresser decor, etc.)
(The bad side doesn't even taken into account the closet and bathroom.  Neither of which am I brave enough to share on the internet at this juncture.)

The biggest thing standing in the way of finishing the room is the paint color.  It doesn't look too bad in these pictures, but it's pretty horrific in person.  Kind of hospital-ish green (sheer torture for a gal who abhors hospitals.)  I picked every paint color for every room in the house in a week (ONE week!) and this is the only one I've wanted to re-do.  And, in my defense, it was a color match of a color match and evidently something got lost in translation.

So, I've been mulling over blues, grays, creams and tans for about six months now and am still unable to pull the trigger.  Seems kind of silly, but this is my most daunting decorating dilemma to date.  

If you've got any favorite colors, send them my way!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post