Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Question About Oak Cabinets…HELP, PLEASE

Hey my friends!

 

I have a question and need some help.

 

A lot of you who have followed me for awhile know that my kitchen has the dated “orangey oak” cabinets.    I would love for them not to be orange oak, but they are and that’s how they will stay because my husband has put his sweet foot down that they cannot be painted.  (bless his heart, he has let me paint and change  so much in our house, but this is just something he doesn’t want painted)

 

So that’s where the question lies…

 

I heard something about a wax or something that you could use on wood that could alter the color or maybe tone it down.  I have little information on it, actually.

 

Do any of you have any knowledge about this "wax”? 

 

What about something else that I might could use?

 

I would probably do the same thing on my same color oak fireplace.

 

Okay, are you up for giving me some friendly advice?

 

I really really really would love to hear what you have to say.

 

You know that feeling you get when you truly want to change something and have for quite awhile and just don’t know what to do and can’t do what you want?  That’s where I am .  Not desperate but eager.

 

Here are my cabinets…

 

oak 1

 

I took the two glass cabinet doors off the middle section and painted foam board to put in the back.  (suggestion from another sweet blogger)

 

I also just changed out my cabinet knobs from shiny brass to black.  The hinges need to be changed, but that’s yet to come.

 

oak 2

 

 

I am trying hard to lighten my kitchen in other ways, but these cabinets will forever be dark.  But, do they have to be orange?

 

HELP…PLEASE OH PLEASE!!

 

I know you ladies have major talent and would love for you to pass some along to me.

 

Thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post