Monday, April 12, 2010

What We Did the Last Two Days...

Cleaned out a shed from one end to the other. 

Hauled off two truck loads of trash to the dump.

Moved a big pile of lumber and cleaned around the shed.  You know the cleaning up that has to be done after a long winter.

Beth built a big turtle home for a turtle Faith found in the yard.  It's name is Shelly if it's a girl and Sheldon if it's a boy.  Since she's not sure, she just calls it Shell.

Keith cleaned out the chicken coop and of course put that great fertilizer in my garden.
Cleaned out our garage that was insanely upside down.  It was disorganized, messy, dirty, and full of stuff that nobody needed.  I would be embarrassed to show you photos.  You would cringe.

Loaded up four BIG trashcans of more junk and trash.

Tilled the garden at least four times this morning to make sure it was good and ready for the plants that were beginning to die in my little greenhouse in my garage.  The garden had already been tilled numerous times but was still clumpy in places and had some new chicken fertilizer that needed to be tilled into it.

Planted all of my plants that I had started from seeds the second time around.  Yes, this was my second go round at seeds because the first time around the wind blew my greenhouse over and everything I had planted spilled out all over my deck in one big pile.  I now have a huge pot full of hodge podge plants because we scooped all of the dirt into the pot to see what would happen.  I am going to plant these in the garden soon and just see what comes up.

Back to the gardening today.  I got everything planted that hadn't withered away into nothingness. I also planted some beautiful plants that my mult-talented friend, Karen had shared with me because she felt sorry for me for losing my first rounds of plants.  She gave me lots of heirloom seeds that she had planted.  What a lady she is. 

Planted all of my flowers in pots and put out shrubbery around my shed and chicken coop. Shoveled gravel for the flowerbeds.

And, that was just the outside jobs.

Do you ever have one of those weekends where you just know there are things that have to be done and you do them no matter how hard or how much time it takes?  This was one of those weekends.

Now, let me make sure you understand that I didn't do all of this alone.  My sweet husband had to work all weekend so all three of my precious children worked right along beside of me to see all of these projects to completion.  We make an awesome team.  These kids know how to work.

Oh yeah, Faith taught herself how to ride a bicycle this weekend also.  Sadly, we had done a poor job teaching her to ride without training wheels.  It took her a little longer than my other two kids, but yesterday she got on there and just kept trying until she got it.  Hooray for Faith.

We also didn't forget about school.  We make sure to always do math and science and don't skip those two subjects.  But, today was Home Economics for us.  My kids worked hard and learned all kinds of life skills in the process. 

So, tell me what you did this weekend.  Really, I would love to know.  I love all of your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post