Friday, June 15, 2012

Dallas

I don’t know about y’all but I’ve lightly mourned the loss of the great television soap operas I grew up on (you know, the likes of Days of Our Lives and Guiding Light) for a few years now.  So, I was beyond excited to have this little piece of American nostalgia back for consumption by a whole new generation!!  I was a little too young to watch the original Dallas, but I can easily recall the adults in my life discussing what must be the greatest cliff-hanger of all time… Who shot J.R.?

So, the new Dallas – and coincidentally J.R.’s new eyebrows - was must-see t.v. around these parts Wednesday night. In fact, Honey finagled a sneak peek of the premier last week and has been raving about it since (which is totally out of character for him, I assure you.)  So, we tucked the littles into bed and then propped up in our own for a couple of the juiciest, most deliciously entertaining hours we’ve had in a long time.
TNT/Erik Heinila - Wednesday, March, 28, 2012, 10:28 PM
I thought the premier seamlessly blended the old and the new and got straight to the essence of Dallas – a massive family sensationally grappling over that grand expanse of Texas real estate we call Southfork.  There was enough drama, deceit, scheming, love and betrayal to knock my socks off.
TNT/Mark Seliger - Wednesday, March, 28, 2012, 10:28 PM
Y’all know where to find us on Wednesday nights for the rest of the summer…tune in on TNT at 9PM EST!  (catch up online here)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post