Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Design Dilemma

Hello all!   Thank you so much for all the sweet comments on my one year blog anniversary.  You  are the reason I love blogging!

Now I need your help.  I bought a bergere chair for my shop months ago and I told myself if it doesn't sell soon I'll be bringing it home with me. The chair sat in the shop for months with no interested buyers, so home it came.  I have always wanted an antique French bergere but the prices stop me dead in my tracks.  This one is a reproduction, has great lines and was an affordable find from Craigslist.



Here is my dilemma:
.
I do not like the fabric nor does it go with anything else I have planned for our living room.  I have looked into having it reupholstered but the cost is more than five times what I paid for the chair!  I don't really want to spend this kind of money on a reproduction so I am thinking....of trying to reupholster this myself!

If you are a regular reader of this blog you know my sewing skills are limited!  The only sewing I have done is to make a few pillows and a tablecloth.  I have reupholstered dining room chairs by just stapling on new fabric. Please tell me should I even attempt this or just put the chair back on Craigslist?  For those that have reupholstered is this something a novice can handle?

If I decide I am crazy enough to tackle this project I'll be sharing fabric choices with you on a later post. Thanks for your help and honest opinions.


Hugs,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post