Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Smelly Green Cabinet

Hey friends.  Hope all is well with each one of you.

I have been changing and rearranging furniture and odds and ends.

Yes, it’s been fun and for whatever reason it just relaxes me.  I know you can relate.

I moved my secretary from my living room into our bedroom recently and love the change.  Take a look HERE to see what it looks like in there.

I took my little green cabinet that was in the bedroom and moved it into the living room. 

A quick note about this green cabinet…it must have been in a garage filled with oil or something because it has a yukky smell.  I have cleaned and cleaned and it is still a little bit smelly when the door is open.  I have actually made it my candle storage cabinet so that the smell of the candles helps neutralize the odor. 

The things we do for love…

cabinet 1

Every chip, every nick, every stain…I love it all. 

basket 1

Big baskets are a favorite thing of mine.  And I love this old ticking that I picked up at the flea market.

basket 4

The burlap heart was made for me a couple of years ago by my youngest daughter.  I truly love it and the thoughtfulness behind it.  She knows her mama loves burlap and she loves me.

green cabinet 1

This industrial cart was another favorite find over the summer.  It previously held my quilts, but now holds my vintage feed sacks.

sacks 1

I am always on the hunt for more sacks…burlap or otherwise.

sacks 3

sacks 2

This is just a very simple corner in our living room.  Just like I like it..simple.

green cabinet 3

green cabinet 2

I know my little green cabinet looks dirty but it’s really not.  It has been scrubbed and scrubbed.  

Is there any reasoning to why I like what I like?

I think it’s because I love seeing beyond the surface to what is underneath.  I love thinking about what beauty it once held.  I like to think about the people who used it before me.

It reminds me of how God sees what is on the inside.

  It reminds me of how God loves me despite of my dirt.

Blessings all!!!


Linking up over at Coastal Charm and Creative Cain Cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post