Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Simple After Christmas Mantel

My mantel is always one of my favorite things to change up because it is one of the main focal points in our living room.

Of course the fireplace also sits next to our massive 60” television set so really the tv is probably the focal point.   I just try and pretend it’s not.

For my after Christmas look in our house, I have focused on whites, woods, metals, and my favorite blue green again.  This is by far my favorite combination of colors and elements.  These things also get me in the mood for spring.

I really wanted a simple mantel for awhile since my Christmas one was so full.

mantel 3

I just picked up this wonderful memo board from Hobby Lobby a few days ago.  It can be used in so many ways and so many places.  Right now it will be artwork.

full fireplace 1

This is the entire fireplace area.

flowers 3

Dried hydrangeas are a staple in my home.

flowers ladder

ladder 3

Ladders are a wonderful thing.  I have probably way too many but they are such great wall fillers and display linens and such so beautifully.

ladder 1

ladder 2

Pillows and grain sacks are another favorite thing of mine.

pillows 1

pillows 2

I love these French grainsack pillows. 

full fireplace 2

I do everything I can do to soften the fireplace and the big huge entertainment center there on the right.

Painting either of these things is not an option so I use fabrics and such to try to lighten and brighten.

I have been having such fun getting my house back in order after the holidays.  I’ll be back soon to show you more of my wintertime changes.

Hope you are all doing wonderfully. 

Blessings to you.

Partying over at my friend's place at Common Ground

No comments:

Post a Comment

Releated Post